Pages

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Library Book: A Reliable Wife

I've had A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick out for a few weeks now, but finally started reading it over the weekend.  I was looking over the library books I had out and decided I really wanted to read it before sending it back.  And I'm really glad I made that decision.

A Reliable Wife is the story of Catherine Land and Ralph Truitt.  Ralph Truitt, sick of being alone, advertises in the paper that he wants a reliable wife.  And the woman who answers the ad is Catherine Land.  She claims to be a missionary's daughter, but in truth she is far from that.  Her plan is to marry Truitt, a wealthy man, and slowly poison him; once he is dead she will leave a wealthy widow. 

Of course, things don't go as planned.  I won't say more because I don't want to give away any spoilers.  But wow, this was an excellent story.  A Reliable Wife is well worth the read.  :)

No comments: