Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Library Book: Powers Volume 4


I was rather disappointed with the last volume of Powers, so I was a bit hesitant to start reading Powers: Supergroup so soon afterwards. But now that I have read it, I am so glad that I did! The back of the book says it is considered the best of the whole Powers storyline, and while I'm not sure if I agree with that, it was definitely good!
Supergroup opens with the split between the federally sponsored supergroup FG-3. The member who split with the group, Wazz, gives a public interview on the subject. And while Boogie Girl watches the interview, their third partner dies. He dies in a most gruesome fashion, and Boogie Girl is the only one around.
Deena and Walker are called in to investigate. But they are met with hostility from FG-3's managers. And then Boogie Girl flees, leaving behind several badly injured people.
So Deena and Walker (once they recover) are left trying to put the pieces of the story together, and trying to find Boogie Girl. But they're thwarted at every turn. The Feds have arrived, and are sweeping everything under the rug. Luckily they find an eyewitness who the Feds hadn't talked to, who gave them information that eventually led to the runaway Boogie Girl.
What happened was incredibly moving and in many ways crazy. It was a fantastic story, and once again, I can't wait to read more! (In fact, if I buy any of the issues, it will definitely be this one!)

No comments: