Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Library Book: Life As I Blow It

I was at work when I spotted Sarah Colonna's Life As I Blow It. I've never heard of Sarah Colonna before, but her book sounded like fun so I took it out. I thought it was a book of essays about random topics in her life. I guess it was, but it was more of a biography.

There isn't a lot to say about what's in this book. The cover pretty much sums it up: "Tales of Life, Love & Sex....Not Necessarily in that Order." But I would add "booze" to the list as well. A good chunk of her time seems to be spent drinking.

That being said, I really enjoyed reading Life As I Blow It. Colonna is a comedian among other things and that really came through in her writing. Her life has been rather eventful thus far, so that was a lot of fun as well.

But more than anything, I enjoyed reading Life As I Blow It because Colonna's life has been so different from mine. For me it was a lot of fun to see the differences, and to see what leading such a life might be like. I realize that not everyone would approach this book in that way, and that's fine too. It really is a good read on its own (I read it in a day). But as a glimpse of another life, this book really shined.

No comments: