Pages

Monday, November 19, 2012

Library Book: Amulet: Prince of the Elves

So it's been about a year since I read the first four volumes in the Amulet series.  And unfortunately that worked against me.  I only vaguely remembered what was going on, so I really didn't enjoy this one the way I enjoyed the other ones. 

Once again we are following Emily and her brother.  Her brother is now a pilot and Emily is one of the last two remaining members of the Stonekeeper Guardian Council.  Max is working with the Elf King; together they free a Mountain Giant, then begin attacking some of the cities.  The Council goes to stop him even though they know they are not ready; they go to give their allies some help (or hope at the very least).

This volume also dealt a bit with the Void.  One of the Stonekeepers had a theory that you could change the past using the Void, so the Elf prince Trellis goes to attempt to change his people's past mistakes.  But the Void is not at all what it seems and he risks being trapped there.

Overall Prince of the Elves was an interesting read.  But like I said, I don't remember a lot of what was going on, so in some parts the story was hard to follow.  I guess I'll have to reread all five volumes right before the sixth one comes out.

No comments: