Pages

Monday, December 31, 2018

Judge Dredd: The Complete Brian Bolland

My brother got me Judge Dredd: the Complete Brian Bolland years ago as a gift.  I loved the movie with Karl Urban and was really excited to get this, having never read any Judge Dredd comics before.  I don't know why, but I put off reading it for years, finally deciding to read it as what will probably be my last book of 2018.

Judge Dredd was created as a character for 2000 AD.  I don't think he was expected to be as popular as he became; he ended up becoming the cover character for the comic.  Brian Bolland did the art for a lot of the stories (and some of the covers, too).  What I didn't realize until I started reading this collection was that Bolland didn't always illustrate entire storylines: some multi-part stories had different illustrators, so this collection doesn't contain the entire plot.  Which was a real shame because a lot of the stories were super fun and interesting. 

Other than that, this collection is a lot of fun.  Bolland's art is fantastic, and the crazy world of Mega-City One is a lot of fun to read about.  After reading through this collection, I think I'm definitely going to need to rewatch the movie soon!  ;)

No comments: