Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

The Happiness Equation: Want Nothing + Do Anything = Have Everything

I ended up reading Neil Pasricha's The Happiness Equation: Want Nothing + Do Anything = Have Everything not because I was concerned with being happier but because I flipped through the book at work a few months ago and really liked Pasricha's writing. He writes in such a way that I was interested in what he had to say and more importantly in his adventures of how he came to his different realizations. The book has nine secrets to happiness (this is a spoiler, but one of the nine is a hidden secret - it's not on the table of contents, added like a bonus song at the end of an album): 

Be Happy First
Do It For You
Remember the Lottery
Never Retire
Overvalue You
Create Space
Just Do It
Be You
Don't Take Advice

I will admit to learning something while reading, even though that wasn't my primary reason for reading the book. The Happiness Equation also confirmed some of my own thoughts on being happy, like how our world of instant communication is in ways making us stressed (and therefore less happy). Overall I recommend reading the Happiness Equation. It's a fast and enjoyable read. :)

No comments: