Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Library Book: Manga Claus: The Blade of Kringle


As a rule, I don't typically read manga. I've taken a few out from the library, but I get confused when they are laid out backwards from a traditional book. However, when I saw Manga Claus: The Blade of Kringle, I knew I would be making an exception for this one! I mean, look at him! Santa looks so hard core!

I finally got around to reading it earlier this evening. I'm thinking it was what I was expecting: an utterly rediculous romp in the North Pole. One of Santa's Elves, in a misguided attempt to get the rest of the North Pole to appreciate him, enchants a ninja nutcracker to go and destroy all the toys. His rationale was that he'd be appreciated when he dispelled the nutcracker. Of course things got out of hand when a legion of teddy bears ends up enchanted. The ninja teddy bears wreak all kinds of havoc on the North Pole, and it is up to Santa to save the day, the North Pole, and Christmas, with the help of his two blades.

Manga Claus: The Blade of Kringle was exactly what it looks like: a fun romp through the North Pole with one awesome St. Nick. For that alone, it is worth checking out! The Blade of Kringle is very short (it only took me about 20 minutes to read through it), so it is great when you need a quick little distraction from reality.

And remember: Honor. Loyalty. Tinsel.

No comments: