Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

List Update - June 11th

Wow, it's been awhile since I've done one of these. But it seemed appropriate since it's half way through the year. Plus I updated the List last night, both the physical one and the Goodreads shelf. You see, I've picked up a number of new books lately, so I wanted to make sure those were all on there. So I sat down and updated everything, cross checking to make sure both physical and digital Lists were the same. It was a time consuming process, but in the end the List had 151 books.

...and then I found even MORE books I need to read!

By the time I was done last night, the List officially has 164 fiction books I need to read! That's far more than I was anticipating!

Also, back in January, I decided I was going to try to read 50 books off the List this year. The goal doesn't care about other books I read (like library books and stuff), as long as I finish 50 from my personal stash, so to speak. When I made that goal, my intention was to get the List under 100 books. With the new count, that is unlikely (especially if I only manage the 50).

So anyway, six months in, I have read exactly SEVEN books from the List. I am way behind and really need to get cracking if I want to get anywhere near my goal. Actually, this appears to be shaping up to be a bad reading year: to date, I have read only a grand total of FIFTEEN books this year (both List and other books).

So at this point, I need to both step up my game in the reading department AND stop buying books for awhile. Hopefully then I can finally bring the List down to a more manageable (and less overwhelming) number.

I may have to send all my current library books back too...or at least stop grabbing new library books!

No comments: