Pages

Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing

I attended a webinar at work by Laura Solomon a few months ago. I thought it was really informative and wanted to read her new book, The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing. It was a bit tough to get (there was only one physical copy of the book available in Canada through interlibrary loans when I ordered it). But I think it was well worth the wait!

The Librarian's Nitty-Gritty Guide to Content Marketing goes through all the steps for a good content marketing plan, from the start (identifying your audience, making personas), middle (creating a calendar for your content, creating the actual content), and the end (looking at ways to measure successes and failures, doing it all over again). I admit that a lot of the book was a rehash of most of what was discussed in the webinar. But of course the book went into a lot more detail. It was also super easy to read. I very much recommend it to anyone who is interested in an east-to-read overview of content marketing (not just people working in libraries).

No comments: